We just recently upgraded our journal system. It's a request to all of you. If you found any...
Guidelines for Reviewers's
As a reviewer, you will learn of the review request via email or by checking your dashboard:
From the Dashboard, My Assigned list, find the title, and Review link. Notice the lack of any author information in this double-blind peer-review process. Selecting the Review link will take you to the first review step in the submission record, which is much more limited than the editor's view, and contains no author information.
There are 5 steps that the system takes you through which are fairly easy to complete:
1. Notify the submissions editor as to whether you will undertake the review (Select Will do the review or Decline). If you decline, you will be dropped from the process.
2. Review Guidelines.
3. Click on file names to download and review the files associated with the submission.
4. In addition, you can upload files for the editor and or author to consult.
5. Select a recommendation and submit the review to complete the process.
Your choices include:
Accept Submission: it is ready to go to Copyediting as is.
Revisions Required: it requires minor changes that can be reviewed and accepted by the editor.
Resubmit for Review: it requires major changes and another round of peer review.
Resubmit Elsewhere: it doesn't seem like a good fit for the focus and scope of this journal.
Decline Submission: it has too many weaknesses to ever be accepted.
See Comments: if none of the above recommendations make sense, you can leave a comment for the editor detailing your concerns.
Please be aware of the Review Schedule (our deadlines are firm) and follow the Review Steps listed.
When completing a review, please consider the following guidelines
1. Please accept or decline the invitation to review promptly. If for some reason you are unable to review a particular submission by a given deadline, we need to know as soon as possible so that we can find another reviewer. If you accept the invitation, please review the submission and give feedback within the requested time.
2. Please contact us immediately if you cannot review the submission for any of the following reasons:
- You perceive a conflict of interest in reviewing the submission.
- A conflict may be professional, personal, or financial.
- You determine that you are not qualified to review it.
- You discover that the submission is one that you have reviewed before for another journal or conference.
3. Please contact us immediately if you suspect any of the following ethical violations:
- Plagiarism within the submission
- Duplicate submission of a piece of work
- The content for all submissions is confidential. Please do not reveal any part of it to anyone. Please do not retain any copies of the submission or its supplemental materials (i.e. tables, instruments).
- Please adhere strictly to the reviewer guidelines for the particular strand.
- In your written feedback, please be detailed, honest, and fair. Avoid harsh or abusive language. Constructive feedback will help authors improve their work and is always appreciated.