Main Article Content
Green marketing is considered as one of the most important responses to modern environmental challenges. In fact, green marketing goes beyond the local borders of countries and beyond any specific region. It is a global challenge that faces companies across the world. Green marketing is based on the principle of always providing customers and business partners with the highest added value, but with respect to environmental and social needs on the long term. In the present paper, we will define the requirements of a well-functioning green marketing strategy. We will also emphasize the role of environmental responsibility as one of the most important factors that push businesses to adopt a green marketing strategy.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher. The Editors reserve the right to edit or otherwise alter all contributions, but authors will receive proofs for approval before publication.
Copyrights for articles published in IJIER journals are retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.
2. Alin, C., Jean J. R.2003, "l'entreprise résponsable", Paris, Edition l'organisation.
3. Azom, T., Van, P. and Wagner, M. 2004, "Determinants of Environmental and Economic performance of firms".
4. Bhat, V. N. 1996, "The Green Corporation: The Next Competitive Advantage", London, Quorum Books.
5. Cascio,J. 1996, Woodside, G. and Mitchell, P., "ISO 14000Guide", USA, McGraw-Hill.
6. Coddington, W. 1993, "Environmental Marketing", New York, McGraw-Hill.
7. Fuller, D. A. 1999, "Sustainable Marketing: Management Ecological Issues", London, SAGE Publications.
8. Hughes, A. 1998, "Green Marketing Strategy", University of Bradford.
9. Jones, J. B. 2002, "Greening The Product", Eastern Carolina, Green Ville Inc.
10. Lyndon, S. 2001, "The Envronmental Marketing", Great Britain.
11. McDonald, p. and Prothero, A. 2006, "Green Management", UK, The Dryden press.
12. Ottman, J. A. 1998,"Green Marketing: Opportunity for Innovation", Lincoln wood, NTC, Business Book.
13. Peattie, K. 1995, "Environmental Marketing Management , Meeting The Green Challenge", London, Pitman.
14. Pierre, M., Prothero, A. 1997,"Green Management", London, The Dryden Press.
15. Stephen, T. 2001," Environmental Management plans Demystified - Aguide to emplementing ISO 14000", London, Sponpress.
16. Van, D. V., Pierce, C. 1998, "The Environmental Ethics and Policy", philosophy Ecology & Economics 3ed,Cincinnati, Wadsworth pub.
17. Anselmsson, J. and Johansson, U. 2007,"Corporate SocialResponsibility and the Positioning of grocery brandsan exploratorystudy of retailer and manufacturer brands at point of purchase",International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Vol35,N 10.
18. André, C.M., Menck, João, B. F. 2014, "Green Marketing and Corporate Social Engagement as Strategy Tools –A Conceptual Framework",International Journal of Humanities and Social Science,Vol 4, N 5.
19. Aurelia, T. 2013, "A Look on Green Marketing Management", Business Management Dynamics, Vol 3, N 2.
20. Balderjahn, I .1988, "Personality variable and Environmental attitude as predictors of Ecologically Responsible consumption patterns", Journal of Business Research, Vol 17.
21. Bansal, P., Roth, K.2000, "Why Companies Go Green : a Model of Ecological Responsiveness", Academy of management Journal,Vol 43,N 4.
22. Boeker, J.,Goodstein, 1991, "Organizational Performance and adabtation : Effects of Environmentandperformance on changes in boardcomposition", Academy of Management Journal.
23. Brécard,D. 2011, "Environmental Tax In A Green Market", Environmental And Resource Economics, Vol 49, N 3.
24. Buchholz, R. 1991, "Corporate Responsibility and the Good Society", From Economics to Ecology, Business Horizons, Vol 34, N4.
25. Carter, A. J. and Burritt, R. L. 2007, "By whatever name: a typology of corporate social responsibility", Journal of the Asia-Pacific Centre for Environmental Accountability,Vol 13, N4.
26. Chahoud, T. 2007, "Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility inIndia",Assessing the UN Global Compact’s Role , Inst für Entwicklungspolitik.
27. Chan, R. Y. 2000, "An Emerging Green Market in China : Myth or Reality", Business Horizons, March –April.
28. Chaudhr, K. and Krishnan, V.R. 2007, "Impact ofCorporate Social Responsibility and Transformational Leadership on Brand Community: An Experimental Study",Global Business Review, Vol 8, N2.
29. Corbett, C. J. and Cutler, D. J. 2000, "Environmental Manageemnt Systems in the New Zealand Plastics Industry", International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Vol20, N 2.
30. Davis, J. 1992, "Ethics and Environmental Marketing", Journal of Business Ethics, Vol 11, N 2.
31. Doyle, P.1992, "What are Excellent Companies?", Journal of Marketing Management, Vol 8,N 2.
32. De Ven,V. 2008, "An Ethical Framework for the Marketing of Corporate Social Responsibility", Strategic Direction, Vol25,Iss 4.
33. D’Souza, C., Taghian, M. and Khosla, 2006, "Examination of Environmental Beliefs and its Impacts", Journal of Targeting Measurement and Analysis for Marketing, Vol 15.
34. Ekta, R. S. 2015, "Green marketing: A paradigm shift in the world of conventional marketing", International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development, Vol 2, N1.
35. Environment Development, 2008, "A Green Economy Creates Million of Green Jobs", Vol 13,N 129.
36. Flannery, Brenda, L., May, D. R.2000, "Environmental Ethical Decision Making in the U.S Metal finishing Industry", Journal Academy of Management , Vol 43,N 4.
37. Fraj,E. and Matute, J. 2011, "Green Marketing Strategy And The Firm's Performance:The Moderating Role Of Environmental Culture", Journal Of Strategic Marketing, Vol 19, N 4.
38. Ghosh, M. 2011, "Green Marketing-A Changing Concept In Changing Time", Bvimr Management Edge, Vol 4, N1.
39. Gurǎu, C. and Ranchhod,A. 2005, "International green marketing: a comparative study of British and Romanian Firms", International Marketing Review, Vol 22, N 5.
40. Gyves, S. and O’Higgins, E. 2008, "Corporate social responsibility: an avenue for sustainable benefit for society and the firm?", Society and Business Review, Vol 3, N 3.
41. Iturrioz, C., Aragon, C., Narbaiza, L. and Ibanez, A. 2009, "Social responsibility in SMEs: a source of business value", Social Responsibility Journal, Vol 5, N 3.
42. Kassarjian, Harold, H. 1971,"Incorporating Ecology into marketing strategy :the case of Air pollution", Journal ofMarketing.
43. Kim, J.G.2003,"An Analysis Of environmental strategy in improving corporate environmental performance: a case study on the environmental training progam in the electronics industry", Washington state University, section 0251, part 0775.
44. Klassen, R., Mclaughtlin, C. 1996, "The Impact of Environmental Management Science", Vol 42, N 8.
45. Kleiner, A. 1991,"What Does it Mean to be Green", Harvard Business Review, Vol 69, N 4.
46. Kotler, P. and Gerald, Z. 1971, "Social Marketing: An Approach to Planned Social Change", Journal of Marketing, Vol 35.
47. Langerak, F., Peelen, E., Van, d. 1998, "Exploratory Results on The Antecedents and Consequences of Green Marketing"Journal of the Market Research Society, Vol 40, N4.
48. Lefebvre, L. A., Lefebvre, E. and Stephane, 2003, "Determinants and Impacts of Environmental performance in SMEs", RD Management.
49. Leonidou, C., Katsikeas,C., Morgan, N. 2013, "Greening" The Marketing Mix: Do Firms Do It And Does It Pay Off?" , Journal Of The Academy Of Marketing Science, Vol 41, N 2.
50. Marie, F., Frédérique, W. 2004, "Du management environnemental au développement durable des entreprises", France, ADEME.
51. Menon, A. J. and Menon, A. 1997, "The Emergence of Corporate Environmental Marketing Strategy: The Emergence of Corporate Environmentalism as Market Strategy", Journal of marketing, Vol EL.
52. Miles, M. p., Covin, J. G. 2000, "Environmental Marketing :a saurce of reputational, competitive and Advantage", Journalof Business Ethics, Vol 23.
53. Narwal, M . 2007, "Corporate Social Responsibility of IndianBanking Industry", Social Responsibility Journal, Vol 3.
54. Odisu, T. A. 2015, "The Nigerian State, oil multinationals and the environment: A case study of Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)",Journal of Public Administration and Policy Research, Vol 7, N 2.
55. Olivier, B. and Jean, M. S. 1998," Environmental Management: Should Industry Adopt ISO 14000?", Business Horizons.
56. Peattie, K. 2001, "Towards Sustainability- the Third Age of Green Marketing", Marketing Review, Vol 2, Issue 2.
57. Polonsky, M. J.1995,"A Stakeholders Theory Approach to Designing Environmental Marketing Strategy", Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Vol 10, N 3.
58. Polonsky, M. J. 2001,"Reevaluating Green Marketing: A Strategic Approach",Business Horizons, Vol 33.
59. Simintiras,A.C. 1993, "Greening the Marketing Mix", A Review of the Literautre and Agenda for Future Research.
60. Srinivasa, R. V. 2014, "Green Marketing and Its Impact on Sustainable Development", International Journal of Innovative Technology & Adaptive Management, Vol 1, Issue5.
61. Warren, B. C. 1998, "Practices on environmental Management", Business Horizons, July – August.
62. Adelman, M. A. 1996, "Oil Production Costs in Four Areas", American Instittute of Mining, Petroleum Press Service.
63. BP,2015, Statistical review of world energy, full report.
64. Clare, J.B. and Paster, P. 2008, "Stakeholder infounce on Social and Envirnmental Performance Metrics for Petroleum Companies", International Conference on Health, Safety, and envirommental oil and Gas Exploration and production, NicoErauco, 15-17 April 2008.
65. Kemp, R., Smith, K., Becher, G. 2000, "Haw Should We Study The Relationship between Environmental Regulation and Innovation In Hemmals", The impact of EU regulation on innovation of European Industry.
66. Managi, S., "EnvironmentalRegulation and Technological Change in the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry Rethinking the Porter Hypothesis", United States Environmental Protection Agency STAR Grant Program.
67. OECD,1996,"Industrial Competitiveness", OECD, France.
68. OECD,"Government Programs For Diffussing Environmental Technologies", in Technology and Environment: Towards Integration.
69. Madsen, Solveig, F. 2007, "factors that influence behavioral change for improved environmental performance",Royal Roads, university Canada, M.A dissertation, section1313, part 384.