Main Article Content
There is an increasing interest and concern regarding the role of the learning environment in undergraduate nursing education. Nursing continuously associates with the technical-manual component, while being liable for the care with health of persons and with retaining their quality of life. So, obtaining clinical abilities is an element involved in the learning program of nursing courses.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher. The Editors reserve the right to edit or otherwise alter all contributions, but authors will receive proofs for approval before publication.
Copyrights for articles published in IJIER journals are retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.
- American Nursing Association (ANA) (2010): Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice Standards of professional Nursing practice. USA, pp 21-23, 45. Retrieved from www.Sciencedirect.
- Australian Skills Quality Authority. (2015): Guide to developing assessment tools. Australian Skills Quality Authority, (April 2015), 1–11. Retrieved from http://www.asqa.gov.au/verve/_resources/Guide_to_developing_assessment_tools.pdf#search=guide to developing assessment tools
- Berntsen K, Bjørk I (2010): Nursing students' perceptions of the clinical learning environment in nursing homes. The Journal of Nursing Education 49(1): 17-22
- Bigdeli, S., Pakpour, V., Aalaa, M., Shekarabi, R., Sanjari, M., Haghani, H., &Mehrdad, N. (2015): Clinical learning environments (actual and expected): Perceptions of Iran University of Medical Sciences nursing students. Medical Journal of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 29. 173
- Brynildsen G, Bjørk IT, Berntsen K, Hestetun M.( 2014): Improving the quality of nursing students’ clinical placements in nursing homes: an evaluation study. Nurse Educ Pract.;14:722–8.
- CEN-CENELEC Management Centre (CCMC) (2016): Making standards for Europe , retrieved on [ 1/6/2016] . Available at http://www.cencenelec.eu/standards/DefEN/Pages/default.aspx
- Chan, D (2002): Development of the clinical learning environment inventory: using the theoretical framework of learning environment studies to assess nursing students’ perceptions of the hospital as a learning environment. Journal of Nursing Education 41(2): 69–75.
- Costa, F. A., Duggan, C., & Bates, I. (2008): Validation of a survey tool for use in cross-cultural studies. Pharmacy Practice, 6(3), 121–127.
- Croxon L Maginnis C.( 2007): Are we preparing nursing students for then reality of the clinical practice setting? (Online). Available: http://www.unisa.edu.au/health/about/teaching.asp
- Dadgaran, I., Shirazi, M., Mohammadi, A., &Ravari, A. (2016): Developing an instrument for clinical learning Developing an instrument to measure effective factors on clinical learning. J Adv Med Educ Prof. July J Adv Med Educ Prof, 44(1223), 122–129.
- Doody, O., & Condon, M. (2012): Increasing student involvement and learning through using debate as an assessment. Nurse Education in Practice, 12(4), 232–237. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2012.03.002
- Durham CF, Alden KR. (2008): Enhancing Patient Safety in Nursing Education Through Patient Simulation. In: Hughes RG, editor. Patient Safety and Quality: An Evidence-Based Handbook for Nurses. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US);Chapter 51. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK2628/
- Eta, V., Atanga. M., Atashili, J and Cruz, G (2011): Nurses and Challenges Faced as Clinical Educators: A Survey of a Group of Nurses in Cameroon Pan African Medical Journal.; 8(2) :28
- Fazal, H (2011): What are different types of standards under standard costing? retrieved on [ 22/5/2016] . Available at
- JecklinK(2004): Evaluating the Student Clinical Learning Environment: Development and Validation of the SECEE Inventory EdD, MSN, RN Southern Online Journal of Nursing Research; 4(1). Available at; www.snrs.org
- Happel B (2008b): Clinical experience in mental health nursing: determining satisfaction and the influential factors. Nurse Education Today 28, 849–855.
- Haraldseid, C., Friberg, F., & Aase, K. (2016): How can students contribute? A qualitative study of active student involvement in development of technological learning material for clinical skills training. BMC Nursing, 15, 2. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12912-016-0125-
- Kaphagawani N. C. and Useh U. (2013): Analysis of Nursing Students Learning Experiences in Clinical Practice: Literature Review. Ethno Med, 7(3): 181-185 .
- Kelly C (2007): Students’ perceptions of effective clinical teaching revisited. Nurse Education Today, 27: 885- 892.
- Koontz A, Mallory J, Burns J, Chapman S (2010): Staff nurses and students: the good, the bad, and the ugly. Medsurg nursing: official journal of the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses 19(4): 240-246
- Levett-Jones T, Lathlean J, Higgins I & McMillan M (2009): Staff-student relationships and their impact on nursing students’ belongingness and learning. Journal of Advanced Nursing 65, 316–324.
- Morbach, J. K. (2015): Characteristics of an Appropriate Instructor- Student Relationship in Allied Health. Educational Administration: Theses, Dissertations, and Student Research.
- Morgan R. (2006): Using clinical skills laboratories to promote theory practice integration during the first practice placement: an Irish perspective. Journal of Clinical Nursing; 15(2): 155-161.
- Mousa F;.Adam,s and. Hassan, R (2012): Developing and Validating Standards for Effective Clinical Training Settings for Nurse Student Journal of American Science 8(8), 372–382.
- Rye, K. J.-B. (2008): Perceived benefits of the use of learning contracts to guide clinical education in respiratory care students. Respiratory Care, 53(11), 1475–1481.
- Smedley A, Morey P (2010): Improving learning in the clinical nursing environment: perceptions of senior Australian bachelor of nursing students. Journal of Research in Nursing, 15(1): 75-88.
- Suikkala A, Leino-Kilpi H. Nursing student-patient relationship (2005): experiences of students and patients. Nurse Educ Today; 25:344–54.
- Truong, T. H. (2015): V Ietnamese Nursing Students ’ Perceptions of Their Clinical Learning Environment : A cross-sectional survey (December). http://eprints.qut.edu.au/91390/1/Thi%20Hue_Truong_Thesis.pdf
- YazdankhahFard M, Pouladi, Kmali, Zahmatkeshan, Mirzaie, Akaberian, et al. (2008): The Stressing Factors in Clinical Education: The Viewpoint of Students. Iranian Journal of Medical Education.;8(2):341-9.