Main Article Content
Abstract: The original research is to make connection between classroom mathematics and real life issues through dynamic models using Excel. After we completed several sample models such as Prey and Predator model, SIR model, we found we did really solve initial value differential equation problems. We even solve initial values system of linear differential equations numerically and graphically. Therefore we extend our research to solve initial value differential equations using the same approach as we create dynamic models. We tested first order and second order differential equations and all got satisfactory numerical solutions.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher. The Editors reserve the right to edit or otherwise alter all contributions, but authors will receive proofs for approval before publication.
Copyrights for articles published in IJIER journals are retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.
2. Bob Pannof, Workshop Notes at West Virginia State University, 1-3 August 2016
3. Zill, Wright, â€œDifferential Equations with Boundary-valued Problems 8th Edition, 2013 pp 108- 109.
4. Jack Andenoro, â€œThe Spread of Infectious Diseaseâ€, http://home2.fvcc.edu/~dhicketh/DiffEqns/ Spring2012Projects/M274FinalProjectJackAndenoro/RuftDraft.pdf, May 11, 2012
5. Lin, Thomas, â€œInquiry-Based Science and Mathematics Usinf Dynamic Modelingâ€ submit to Journal of Modern Education Review (ISSN 2155-7993), USA. AMC, 3/18/2017
6. Ron Larson, Bruce Edwards, Calculus 10th edition, ISBN1-285-057090